Dallas Hand Rehabilitation Information
Dallas Hand Rehabilitation is an upper extremity practice that provides
out-patient rehabilitation with a certified hand therapist on staff. For
over 25 years, DHR has treated injury and disease of the upper body
with a strong emphasis on preventative care.
Treatment intervention may include the following:
* Non-surgical intervention of repetitive
* Postoperative rehabilitation
* Reconditioning and strengthening
* Advanced splinting
* Education and home programming
* Functional Capacity Evaluation
* Job site visits
* Wellness instruction
As owner and director of DHR, I am committed to work as a team with the
doctor, injured worker, case manager, employer and family to help the
patient prevent injury and when necessary, to regain maximum function
after injury. I have been an occupational therapist twenty years, a charter
member of the American Society of Hand Therapists, and a Certified Hand
Therapist (CHT) since 1991. In addition to the injured worker, we are
a participating Medicare provider and have numerous managed care contracts.
Rehabilitation equipment and services include:
- Several pain modalities -- hydrocollator and microwave for hot packs,
cold packs, and paraffin bath.
- Wound care i.e. whirlpool, debridement tools with sterilization capabilities
and bandaging supplies.
- A large variety of both static and dynamic commercially
made splints and other prefabricated splint supplies.
- Custom splint fabrication using thermoplastic materials and in-house equipment.
- Standardized evaluations for upper extremity function, dexterity,
strength, coordination, range of motion, and edema.
- BTE work simulator.
- Physical Agent Modalities.
- A Large variety of therapeutic devices for strengthening, coordination,
- Therapuetic settings designed for both for individual and group therapy, with various table and chair layouts and styles.
- Educational books, videos, audio guides, and necessary playback equipment for patient and
Mary Ann Appleby, MA, OTR, CHT